PDA

View Full Version : Thunder 2 with RCMK/J&G

w3bby
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Been exchanging PMs with Doug (dwr9) recently due to the problems here and surprise, surprise we also discussed boats.... Promised I would put up a few pics of my latest project a Thunder 2 from Prestwich Models.
Hull is designed for Naviga FSR-V 27cc class with races on a counter clockwise M course. Heats are 20 minutes and finals 30 minutes.
Motor is a RCMK with a J&G cylinder, rear exhaust.
Boat was bought used from a UK racer, fixed a little to get things how I like them and has since been run. Good fun and it is now time for practice before entering my first race.

w3bby
07-02-2012, 07:34 AM
A few more of the bottom. Major differences to boats we normally see here are the steps and cut outs for torque control and handling with a submerged propeller, also the trim tabs integrated into the hull. The hull also contains a fair amount of weight on the port side to counteract torque.

Centre tab is to trim the bow whilst the starboard tab is to aid with the sharp left turns on the M course (I believe, as it is my first foray into the FSR-V world.......) Currently I have the right trim disabled, for those that use the right tab it is mixed to act with the rudder.

dwr9
07-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Looks good Ian. Good luck with it and keep having fun. Doug

adam777
11-16-2012, 07:48 AM
nice boat. good luck for it. can you share some more pictures of your boat while running in the water.

Adam smith
adam.smith402@yahoo.com
Nitrotek (http://www.nitrotek.se/radiostyrda-batar.html)